Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please help! PT Score Variations

dhaley22dhaley22 Member
in General 118 karma

Hi all! I'm registered for the July FLEX test and have been studying for about two months now. I've been through the PowerScore LG Bible Manhattan Prep LR and RC. I've also worked through a bunch of the core curriculum lessons, particularly for areas where I need the most help.

My diagnostic score way back in March was a 154, with my weakest section being LG. I've only taken 7 full tests since then, but I'm panicking a bit because my scores vary pretty significantly. My highest scores have been a 169 + 170, and my lowest scores have been 161 + 162.

For reference, my goal score is a 168. My undergrad GPA is a 3.95, so I'm really hoping to go to a T25 with a pretty significant scholarship.

I'm just stressed because I feel like I understand the LR pretty well, but in the practice test I just took today, I got 10 LR wrong in a single section! Does anyone have any advice? Has this happened with any of you? How can I make sense of this variation in PT scores?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated because I'm started to freak out, especially as the test keeps getting closer.

Comments

• cmwilliams585cmwilliams585 Alum Member
    edited June 2020 110 karma

@dhaley22 Variation initially is common - I noticed that often on the tests where I scored significantly lower there were particular concepts/question types that came up that were my weaker spots. Look at the test breakdown under analytics and see which types of questions you are struggling most on. Once I did this, I worked on drilling my weakest points, and eventually my PT scores got more consistent!