Advice on retaking LSAT - help please!!

So, I've just taken the May LSAT Flex and I got a 169. My undergrad GPA is 3.82. I was definitely prepping better than a 169 in the weeks leading up to the flex, even getting a 177 the last PT I took before the real thing. I'm sure nerves played a part in my performance. Right now I'm just trying to figure out if I should try to retake it again before applications on the fall or let it ride. I'm worried that a lower score will just do more harm than good and am unsure if my lower quantitative factors combined with what I think are very strong soft factors are enough to get me into the likes of HYS or CCN.

Soft factors: 11 years of service in the Navy as nuclear submarine officer. Studied Nuclear Engineering in undergrad and finished in 3 years while serving as active duty. Tons of arduous professional experience and leadership roles and relatively top performer in my profession. Also, I'm a first generation college grad, only person in my family with a degree.

Any chance that a killer PS with my soft factors could make up for my LSAT and get me into the likes of Harvard or Stanford or Chicago? Advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

Comments

• danielbrowning208danielbrowning208 Alum Member
    531 karma

Unless you are a URM, you would likely be looking at an up-hill battle to get into t-6. If that is your goal, I would strongly recommend retaking. Schools only really care about your highest score.

• jIbookerjIbooker Alum Member
    152 karma

You should probably retake it. My suggestion would be to take it soon as well, especially considering that you are testing at a high level. Now is a perfect time to keep grinding out your studying and building up even more confidence. That way, when the test comes around again you'll be prepared and unworried.