Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Notating strategy for LR and RC?

jessierongjessierong Member
in General 32 karma

Hi everyone! I'm currently signed up for the LSAT-Flex in July and am hoping to break the 170 barrier. When I have been taking PT's, I usually identify and notate the premises and conclusions with the highlighting tools, but not in a very consistent or standardized way. I would like to ask how others usually notate the LR stimuli and RC passages to get a better sense of how I can change/streamline my notation strategy and make it more consistent from PT to PT. Also given that the test is now digital, I have been finding it difficult to do low res summaries for RC and keep track of them. Does anyone have any tips to share on these issues for LR or RC? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• 1058 karma

Hey there,

I have found the highlighting and underlining features to be very unstable when taking the official LSAT. Maybe they have changed their software by now but when I took it last year I would end up highlighting sentences I didn’t need highlighted.

Now I just jot down my low res for each paragraph on scratch paper and I skip highlighting. I have found this really helps me keep track of structure and what is happening in the passage.

I hope this helps!