Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Always," "only" and "proportionally" on main point and MSS questions

I just finished the first two lessons in the core curriculum on the above subjects. I am liking the explanations and the problem sets they've thrown at me so far. I wanted to ask about two approaches I'm taking that aren't explicitly mentioned in the lessons, but I think are helping me get the questions right:
1. Treat "always" and "only" appearing in answers on these questions like a loaded gun- you want to be absolutely sure before you pull the trigger. If corresponding phrases don't appear in the parts of the setup you've deemed most crucial to the question prompt, such as "every" or "all" or any other synonym of equal strength, you can bin those answers quickly. Briefly, strong statements require strong support.
2. Understanding "proportionally" is crucial. If it appears in the setup, the right answer will quite often require you to understand which group or individual in the setup is being affected as a proportion of a specified whole and how. This can also help you to quickly eliminate a lot of wrong answers, but again, only if you understand what effect the proportion has on the main point. That makes this word another one to key in on and make sure you're careful around.

Am I on the right track here?