Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Control F

zafsiddiqueezafsiddiquee Member
in General 61 karma

I took the May LSAT-flex and, at the time, couldn't find any rules in regards to whether using control F during the reading comp was permissible, so I decided against doing so just to be safe. I will be retaking in August, and was wondering if anyone has used control F or knows if that's allowed? Thanks!

Comments

• sickomodesickomode Member
    142 karma

it's allowed, the powerscore guys called LSAC and confirmed it - https://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/h13xk9/the_final_word_on_controlf/
    also i used it once on the june flex (their blue highlighting thing for RC sucks so it helped to find a word), it was fine

• zafsiddiqueezafsiddiquee Member
    61 karma

awesome, thank you!

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

After hearing Powerscore confirm I thought I would try to use it on my problem sets/ PT's with 7Sage. I discovered quickly that it is actually command F with my Mac. So far, I have found it to be most helpful with comparitive passages. It specifically helps with questions like: passage A but not passage B mentions the following or Each of the following are mentioned in passage A except. For the most part LSAT using synonymns fairly well so it doesn't help much for other question types.

• 1952 karma

this is awesome if used right. but i also worry if my proctor will hear me typing on the keyboard and flag it.

• 124 karma

You are allowed to use the search function on the flex but the problem is if you get unlucky with a proctor whose not up to date