Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone gone through 7Sage twice?

Controller779Controller779 Alum Member
in General 221 karma
I'm 30% through the 'Ultimate' syllabus, and having trouble soaking in a lot of LR strategy. When I look at mixed questions for the section, I still feel like I'm unable to laser in on the strategy for that specific question type, etc.

One section that really threw me was the introduction to logic. After a second run-through it went in perfectly. I'm thinking I'll have to go through the entire theory course again to make sure all of 7Sage soaks in.

Has anyone gone through it twice? If so, did you find it helpful on the second pass?

Comments

• mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    edited March 2015 938 karma
    I made a second pass at it after I didn't do so hot on my first attempt at the LSAT. All I can say is review what you don't fully understand. I thought I understood it the first time around, but it became a lot more clear to me after going through it again.

I'll put it this way. Greatness comes from perfecting the fundamentals. Sure there are people who are naturally talented, and can do well on the test without doing so, but the truly great test takers (this applies to everything in life), perfect the fundamentals. I'll use this as an example. When J.Y. is outlining how to break down an LR stimulus, perfect that technique. This fundamental will help you not only in LR, but also in RC. Perfecting this means that anything the LSAT throws at you can be quickly torn apart. You will won't get lost. Fundamentals are the most important thing. How quickly can you find inferences for LG? This is another very important fundamental for perfect. Second, third, fourth, passes will always be helpful, that's another reason J.Y. advocates printing out 10 copies of each LG, even if you only get 1 wrong. This is also why 7Sage excels where other LSAT programs fall short. There are plenty of other fundamentals like annotating RC quickly, locating main points, etc.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Went through them not just once or twice but a number of times... kept on going back to them as and when I needed help with any concept.
  • JengibreJengibre Member
    383 karma
    I'm planning to watch most of the lessons again this week...I've found now that it's been a few weeks since I finished the curriculum, I've been slightly slower on some questions. My goal is to eliminate those pauses that result from not being absolutely sure of how to approach each question. With mastery comes speed, and I believe watching the lessons more than once will lead to a more solid understanding.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I went through it once before December 2014. Wrote the exam, wasn't happy with my mark, and I went through the entire course again.
    I would 100% say it was worth it. I started with the beginner package and changed to the ultimate.

I think that the biggest thing about learning the LSAT would be taking the time to let it all absorb. It's a lot to learn/do/new skill set to develop. If you're having trouble and have time then I would say go through it again. Even things I was struggling with before - weakening, necessary assumption questions, I can tell the way I look at them has improved greatly.
    Even was I was going through a second time, I could see my comments on some of the questions from the first time and I could tell that my reasoning for right/wrong answers had improved greatly. Def worth it to me!
  • lsatcommittedlsatcommitted Alum Member
    166 karma
    Second time around here... Started doing PTs, wasnt making any improvements. I stopped doing PTs, now am on my second time on the Ultimate Course, while drilling with Cambridge packets.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Yes, I think many of us have been there. I may start a new lesson and it may go completely over my head. So sometimes I re-watch the entire lesson the next day and I see that it works. Also, drilling is what helps reinforce all of the concepts we are learning through 7Sage and every other prep material.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    I've actually gone over a number of lessons multiple times in one sitting... and I noticed one thing... the hours given next to the curriculum are not the time you need to finish the curriculum... they are just the time needed for a single run of the lecture, along with the time needed for the exercises... to truly finish the curriculum i.e. where actual learning happens and you build a solid foundation, you will have to go through the videos multiple times... and sometimes even repeat the drills... for example, I did the Lawgic drills more than 20 times by count and went through the videos 7 - 8 times.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3462 karma
    ^So true! I used to complain about the 15 mins next to the problem sets answers because it never took 15 mins since I always wanted to watch every video explanation on each problem set lol.