Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on how to continue practicing before Aug test

avoro002avoro002 Alum Member
in General 336 karma

Hi everyone,
I'm taking an Aug test and need an advice on how to continue studying before the test.
I completed the CC and did 4 untimed PTs with full BR. It takes me somewhere 5-6 days to complete one PT, I translate and write down every stimulus, write down my assumptions and go through every AC in details. With only couple of months left I worry that I won't be able to go through enough PTs if I do one PT a week averagely.
I'm really struggling with the daily schedule. I'm studying 6 days a week, 5-6hrs a day. Should I be doing untimed PTs or should I start timing them? Should I be doing a full PT or just one section at a time? How should I schedule LR, RC, and LG so I spend enough time on each section before the test?
Any advice would be appreciated or if you could share your daily schedule 😊

Comments

• 110 karma

You should begin doing timed PT's.

The way I do it is 1 timed PT a day and then the next day I BR in depth. That way I avoid burnout by studying no more than 4-5 hours at a time, as a timed PT is only 3hours and 30minutes. The next day is spent doing an in-depth BR.

I aim for 2 timed pt's a week.

• danielbrowning208danielbrowning208 Alum Member
    531 karma

If you are taking in August, you need to start doing timed tests immediately. Success on the LSAT requires both understanding concepts and using your time efficiently on the exam. Without taking timed tests, you are ignoring one of the most important aspects of the test. Also, unless you are really struggling understanding every stimulus and AC, writing all of that down for every PT does not seem like an efficient use of your time. I would go through all the questions that give you trouble and, since you are on a short timeline, ignore the questions about which you feel confident.

• avoro002avoro002 Alum Member
    336 karma

@bhavdeep6479 thank you so much for sharing your schedule! Already started doing timed PT today and will do BR for it tomorrow. What PTs would you suggest are best for timed practice?

336 karma

@danielbrowning208 thank you so much for your advice! Very helpful! Will stop doing detailed BR for every question now and focus more on the ones I get wrong the most.

• AllyM_123AllyM_123 Alum Member
    139 karma

Hey, I'm also studying for the August exam. At this point I am taking 1 PT a week and typically spending 2 days BR. I'm trying to cut back on that BR time and improve my question confidence though by being more thoughtful of questions I flag and only writing out my reasoning for those questions; initially I was doing that for every question to improve Conclusion/Premise/wrong AC comprehension. The rest of the week I do LR question type drills, LG fool proofing, and RC fool proofing. I'm PTing every couple of exams starting in the 60's and up and then using the earlier tests for drills.

336 karma

@AllyM_123 wow, thanks for sharing your way of prepping. Really good idea to spend enough time fool proofing each section and individual question types along with doing timed PTs. Seriously, I felt like I hit a brick wall by not knowing what to do after I finished CC and not having much time before the real test.