Looking for some insight - powerscore in addition to 7sage?

AmandaLSATAmandaLSAT Yearly Member
in General 23 karma

Hi all,

I'm a recent student of 7sage and must say I'm loving the content! The information in the first 2 weeks are very detailed, granted it can seem dull, but I understand the approach. It might be just my years as a philosophy student that makes me see the overview as overkill, but, I do understand this may be completely foreign to some people, and quite necessary.

Anyway! My question is, since this is the first time I'm studying for the LSAT (highly nervous), I think I overshot with the prep materials I purchased. Before I came across 7sage, I purchased all the Powerscore bibles. I started reading the LR bible last week, but I found it a bit too detailed and convoluted. I seemed to be more confused after reading the first 2 chapters, and doing their practice drills, than if I didn't read the chapters. Not sure anyone else felt that way?
But for those of you who have purchased the trilogies in addition to taking the 7sage course, do you feel it's a necessary support to your study prep? Trying to figure out if I should even bother keeping the books.

I'm struggling internally with not reading every single prep material that is considered the "holy grail" of LSAT studying. I feel like if I don't include it into my study schedule, it'll be reflected in my score. What do you all think? Is it necessary to have those bibles?

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• danielbrowning208danielbrowning208 Alum Member
    531 karma

I found the LR bible to be a valuable addition to the 7sage curriculum. It does a good job helping you understand the theory behind the question types, and it is a good sort of reference tool when you need to locate something quickly. If you already understand the basics from your intro logic classes, just skip those sections. That's what I did.

In general though, you will probably improve more by doing consistent and intentional practice than by reading a slew of lsat books.

• jscaccia7jscaccia7 Member
    33 karma

I started off using only the PowerScore LR, LG, and RC Bibles and I found them to be very useful. Yes, they provide a lot of information and a lot of detail, but I would rather have a LSAT prep book/course provide me with too much information instead of a prep book/course that doesn't (IMO Kaplan). David Killoran and PowerScore provide other methods and tools to help you in preparing for the LSAT. They also have a podcast on Spotify in which they go into more detail about LSAT question types, as well as, other things that are going on in the LSAC world in general. Their Logic Games Bible and work books are my favorite.

• AmandaLSATAmandaLSAT Yearly Member
    23 karma

Interesting, I had a different experience with LR bible. I started with it a few weeks ago, because it's probably the #1 recommended material series online for LSAT prep, but after reading the first few chapters, I felt more uncertain than I did before reading them. Maybe because it's soooo detailed, and for me, that doesn't always work, especially if I already have a good foundation of something, it can steer me wrong because it's teaching me a different way of understanding something I already understand...if that makes sense.

So I think it's more paranoia right now because it's the first time I'm studying for this exam, and since these books are so highly recommended, I feel like why aren't they working for me?!

Maybe I'll use one of them to help reinforce things where needed, I hear for LG they're pretty good.

I also bought the LSAT trainer which has been helpful. Let's hope I'm covering all my basis!