Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you jump around the common core?

Auntie2020Auntie2020 Member
in General 552 karma

I am 40% complete with the common core and have been laboring over LR for a while now. I jumped into the Logic Games to change things up.

How did you all proceed through the common core and how long did it take for you to finish the curriculum?

Comments

• bensasounianbensasounian Member
    94 karma

Yeah, I skipped over the LR lessons and bought the Loophole which I found better for LR. I'm doing the LG lessons and RC only.

• Soph1riteSoph1rite Member
    74 karma

I'm doing the same thing @bensasounian! And it's really been working well for me.

• dukelancerdukelancer Member
    16 karma

I went straight through it in about 2 months.

Personally, I thought it was beneficial to go through the content in order. LR really is the foundation of all sections of the LSAT. Having a really sound understanding of logic, for example, was extremely beneficial once I started doing logic games. I can confidently say that my speed in LG would've been slower had I skipped large portions of the LR curriculum. I could also understand why you'd want to change up the CC order though!

• merkadoe10merkadoe10 Member
    edited July 2020 11 karma

@bensasounian I also have the loophole but have only gone a few chapters into it. I've gone through a significant amount of the CC on here in regard to LR, but I'm thinking I'm going to halt and dive into the book. I will say that the LR problem sets on here are fantastic and a great way of practicing specific question types under timed conditions and with automatic tracking.

Also, @AuntieLove I found myself getting bogged down by the insane number of problem sets for some sections, so i would do between 2-4 problem sets until I was relatively comfortable with them and then move on to the next section. Moving forward, if I start to see holes in a specific area of LR, I can hop back into some of those problem sets that I left for later.