Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To print or not to print LGs for Full-Proofing

nanabillannanabillan Member
in General 347 karma

Hi everyone. I started full-proofing LG in PTS 1-35 and am wondering....

Q1: Is it worth printing out the games I need to continue full-proofing or is it redundant when I can just hop back on laptop, open up my problem sets and re-do games?

Q1a: Is the idea that it is just quicker in general to redo a game and check on my setup/inferences by just flipping over my printed sheet of paper which would have one clean LG and the other side would have the setup?

I dont mind printing, its just taking me a while to print, etc.

Q2: IN ADDITION, how come the games aren't set to print on 1 sheet, each game I print ends up splitting onto 2 pages. Anyone know the remedy for this? #help #admin

Thanks!

Comments

• _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ Core Member
    64 karma

I personally would not print the games. It would waste more paper and it would actually be less like real testing conditions, since the test is digital and you get blank scratch paper to write on. I believe they print on two pages because when the test was last on paper, you got two pages per game.

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited July 2020 4306 karma

I think it comes down to personal preference. I printed them out and loved having them set up in a binder. I categorized the binders into 4 types; -0 first attempt, -0 but over time limit, -1 or more, and trouble games (ones that even after a second or third attempt if I came back after a few weeks I still would go -1). I spent an entire month drilling games (1 new and 1 old-total of 8 games daily). I think a lot of people tend to have this misconception that if you print the games out and practice on paper that it'll be difficult to transition back to the digital format but I honestly had no issues. Only difference between digital and a printed version is, the printed version has allocated space and the digital causes you to figure out how much space is ample for your work on a sheet of paper. Let me know if you have any other questions if you decide to print!

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited July 2020 905 karma

@"Law and Yoda" Thank you for this info.
    I prepped (the games from) PTs 1-40 to print (I think I've read that there are some hard ones in the 30s and I wanted to capture all of those), and I've been hesitant to press print on SO many pages. Mostly, I wasn't sure if the printouts were redundant to the Logic Games CC practice sets (they will be to some extent) - or when we are supposed to foolproof in our schedule (during CC with the practice sets or after CC while PT'ing - I think the intent is the later?).
    Thank you for the great visual about your binder system, it's such a motivator to both do it (print) and DO IT (foolproof). :smile: With fun, organized binders!

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    4306 karma

@hopefulling I think I printed a total of 1200 pages, 4 copies of each game (don't worry I recycled!). Some of the games are from the CC but I vaguely remembered doing them or I didn't remember the answer choices so it was still beneficial to do. I foolproofed after completing the logic game section of the CC. If you're still making your way through the CC, I would foolproof the games in the CC first. Doing this will allow you to have a solid foundation of rules and translations before you start foolproofing the other games. I also had an excel tracker in addition to the binders- Date, Goal Time, Personal Time, Score. I would keep track of the games I didn't get -0 under time in and did those over again. Best of luck :blush:

• DINOSAURDINOSAUR Member
    edited July 2020 591 karma

I just print one copy and write down everything on another paper. I don't like to waste paper.

• nanabillannanabillan Member
    347 karma

Thank you everyone for your comments and feedback. I decided to ultimately not print the LGs just because I want to emulate testing conditions as closely as possible. I also know that I would spend a superfluous amount of time organizing, etc, when I could just log onto 7Sage and hop on my problem sets and FP as needed.

I think if I had started studying a year ago I would have already gotten into the habit of printing, etc, and it would make more sense.

I wouldn't have been able to come to a decision prior to this so I appreciate all the responses!

Best of luck to everyone!

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    905 karma

@"Law and Yoda" Thanks for this extra info!! I'm going to definitely start FP'ing while I'm in the CC thanks to your advice. And yikes, so timely, because my schedule has me ready to start the LG CC next week (although I might run some drill sets on LR and bump it to the next Monday). It's so nice to have a plan formed now instead of wondering what to do/when to do it. :smiley: