Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT2-S4-Q14- The mayor boasts

miriaml7miriaml7 Live Member
edited July 2020 in Logical Reasoning 1023 karma

I was stuck between answer choices C and E, and ultimately with C.

Conclusion: Mayor's claim that the turnaround time for patients in "top priroty emergencies" has gone down this year, is a misrepresentation.

P1: Definition of "top prirotiy emergencies" is different this year than it was the year before.

Why is E the better answer here? C is acknowledging that the mayor's definition of "top-priority emergency" is erroneous. I feel like E is simply restating the premise that tells us that emergencies used to include gunshot wounds and electrocutions. Did I misinterpret this?

Would greatly appreciate any insight.

Comments

• SSBM1000SSBM1000 Member
    614 karma

Hello,

C is incorrect due to the fact that just because experts disagree with the Mayor's definition of a top priority emergency, that doesn't mean that the redefinition was what caused the reduction in turnaround times. For all we know, the experts might have disagreed with the previous definition of top priority emergency that he changed. Ultimately, just because experts disagree with his definition doesn't mean it's wrong or that his change in the definition led to the reduced turnaround times.

As for E, it provides support for the argument because it states that half of the top priority emergencies that occurred last year that are now no longer covered under the definition of top priority. It supports it since the types of cases that made up half of last year's top priority emergencies, and that were the most time consuming as well, now no longer apply, it's only natural that the average response time would go down.

• miriaml7miriaml7 Live Member
    1023 karma

Thank you!! @SSBM1000