Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When did you start seeing improvements in your score?

lsat_suslsat_sus Core Member
edited July 2021 in General 1417 karma

CRINGE

Comments

• legallytiredlegallytired Member
    442 karma

hi,
    its only been a month into your studying so i wouldn't get too stressed about your score right now! i did not seeing a steady improvement until around 2.5-3 months into studying, and i know its really tough to keep seeing the same score but that will most probably be the case while you are still learning. as for advice for people who are just getting started, i would say to really pay attention to the explanation videos and constantly remind yourself why you got a certain question wrong so you can keep yourself from making that mistake again. for LR questions that i got wrong i keep them in a folder and glance over them from time to time and mentally think about what i had done that led me to the wrong answer and why the right answer is the right one. its something small but i think it helped me

good luck! pace yourself, and try your hardest not to let your first couple of practice scores shake your confidence

• AmericanInJapanAmericanInJapan Alum Member
    73 karma

For me (Cold 164-->175) my score actually dropped for the first 2 months (Avg 161). It's because I didn't take into account that I luckily guessed some correct answers in the LR and RC section without actually understanding why they were correct. Once I started studying and taking more tests, some of the luck went away and my score dropped a bit for awhile. After about 1.5-2 months, my score started increasing, slowly, over the next 6 months.

Hope this helped! The LSAT is a test of determination and not letting the test dictate your emotions. You determine how the test goes, not the other way around.

• lsat_suslsat_sus Core Member
    1417 karma

@legallytired - thank you for your words. I'll keep them all in mind!

@ericmrevis - Wow. Congratulations (if it's a recent scoring)! and that's a great point. Hopefully I'll be able to feel more control over time. Thank you!