Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is December still a decent time to apply to schools?

_iamnw96_iamnw96 Alum Member

I’m taking my third and final wack at the LSAT on Nov 14, 2020. I am happy with my current score but I still think I am capable of scoring a few points higher.

It seems that the earliest the Nov 14 score would come out is early/mid December. I anticipate to have all of my application materials FULLY ready to be sent by then (literally will be sending the day I get my score). My schools range from T-14s to T40s. I feel like I get lost in the rabbit hole of advice urging you to apply as early as possible (how early?! How late is too late?! November? December? so many questions), especially for competitive schools, so I’d love to hear different perspectives.

Some bg: I have a bachelors in neuroscience (3.78) and masters in neuroscience (3.87). Aiming for high 160s.

Comments

• VelawcityVelawcity Member
    40 karma

From reading the free 7Sage admissions thing it says October/November are the best times to apply and December is still good! The latest they say you should apply is January. I'm taking in November for this cycle too so I'm hoping to get all my apps done by December!

• jonesk0473jonesk0473 Alum Member
    68 karma

I will just tell you my experience. Last year I sat for the November LSAT and put most of the apps in between December 19th when I got my score back and the first week of January. I got into every school I applied to including Cornell. My stats were 4.0 and 168. I think you'll be fine!

• AlwaysBeClosingAlwaysBeClosing Alum Member
    87 karma

I think it depends if you have great stats. If you have a gpa in the 75th percentile and a LSAT in the 75th percentile you will probably be fine.

• _iamnw96_iamnw96 Alum Member
    437 karma

Thanks everybody !!