Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC Strategy?

Does anyone have a good RC strategy?

My LR is around +22 on average. I just completed my LG strategy attack and I'm now getting +17 versus my previous +13. I'm still working on my accuracy with LG but now am incorporating RC into the mix before I take a practice test sometime this month. I'm taking about 10 minutes per passage + questions, which I know is too long, and I'm missing 10 questions on the whole section generally so clearly my 10 minutes per passage isn't time well spent.

If anyone knows of a method similar to @"Cant Get Right" LG strategy attack but for RC, please share!

Thanks!

Comments

• DefenderDefender Alum Member
    348 karma

I have a couple of suggestions for remembering the material: First, take your time in the passage.
    I cannot emphasize this enough. Second, focus on the author. What are they doing in their argument? How does everything attach back to the main line of reasoning and point of the author? If you need help, feel free to reach out. I love RC, and went from -15 to -1 in practices!

• SoupCitySoupCity Member
    40 karma

RC is my worst section as well. I usually end up entirely skipping one of the four passages because I take so long with the other 3. I've tried several strategies to RC: skimming the passage first then rereading and underlining, reading once and taking notes, just reading thoroughly once through with underlining. Nothing seems to work for me. Would love any other specific pointers!

• detroit_suzukadetroit_suzuka Alum Member
    194 karma

I too have the same issue, following