Sequencing Games - Problem Set 1 - *Lost*!

Controller779Controller779 Alum Member
in General 221 karma
I've just started the first LG module and am on the first problem set (Sequencing Games Homework Set 1). We're asked to tackle it after doing just four logic games along with JY in the prior few lessons.

The problem is that I don't feel those first few lessons offer enough grounding for us to be able to tackle an entire problem set, aim to do it in 10 mins and fool proof them. Each game, for example, contains a bunch of game rules the prior lessons didn't introduce us to, and we're not experienced enough yet in drawing inferences to be able to see them all.

Is it acceptable to treat these problem sets as video lessons, and work through them with the videos rather then just try to tackle them alone? I feel more grounding is needed before we try to tackle questions alone.

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    I would suggest giving it a go anyways, still time it (time up) and try to really break it down and figure out as much as you can. Even if it takes you twice as long or longer... then watch the video and see how JY goes about it, give it one more go to see if you picked anything up and move on to the next game and then go back to them later in the day or tomorrow (can move on after watching the video and after the couple of games go and redo them if you want more time between video and redoing)
  • fifthendingfifthending Alum Member
    edited March 2015 154 karma
    I felt the same way and was really lost at the first couple games I tried. I would suggest doing it without watching the videos first, then really spend time on the videos and redo every single game multiple times (look at the fool proof guide to LG).

http://7sage.com/how-to-get-a-perfect-score-on-the-logic-games/

I tried the first couple games on my own un-timed and as I got a better foundation, started doing them timed. It'll just click at some point, trust me :)