Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

#help how to go through LR CC problem sets and PTs

ajaykim0724ajaykim0724 Core Member
in General 33 karma

I'd like to ask for some advice on how to go through problem sets in CC "wisely".

What I'm doing now is watch JY's general explanation on q.type,
do the Qs on my own and then watch JY's explanation clips checking if I got it right or wrong,
then doing Problem Sets attached to it.

Now for Problem Sets, after checking the result, I watch the explanation clip right away, read some comments and then move on.

That's when I feel stuck. I feel like this process doesn't get me anywhere to develop advanced logical thinking to solve any questions at similar level. I've read many comments trying to articulate the reasoning on their own but I feel like sometimes I just memorize JY's argument. Should I still try to explain it on my own after(or before) watching the explanation?
Would that help me acquire or broaden my reasoning?

I'm already registered for Oct flex which will be my first exam but I haven't reached the score I'm aiming on PT.
As I took some prep classes before joining 7sage and I don't have much time left before October flex,
I was going to tackle only on q.types I'm weak in, but I changed my mind and decided to finish CC as soon as possible.
I'm so depressed now that I don't see any improvements in my PT score(avg 157) and I can see why when I go through Problem Sets.

What am I doing wrong?
Should I try to explain every answer choice while doing Problem Sets or BR before watching the explanation?
Do I have enough time for that? or would that be more effective way to score any higher?

Any advice, encouragement welcomed. :(

(Btw, my goal is to get somewhere around 170 in January)