Timed Test = 15 point drop?? help

jartleysjartleys Member
edited September 2020 in General 15 karma

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling to make up a large gap between timed test scores and blind review test scores. I have been scoring in the high 150s on timed tests and blind reviewing into the low 170s. Others posting in the forums do not seem to have such a large gap.

I thought doing more full timed tests to practice with the timing would help, but over 7-8 tests I have not seen any improvements. The gap is largely made up in LR and RC. Any suggestions? Would greatly appreciate any help!

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Work on full tests and focus on timing strategies.

• 57 karma

Is the loss of points due to accuracy (you attended most questions, and still dropped a lot of points)? or you were not able to get to questions?

FOR Logical Reasoning - Do section timed tests using the 7sage digital tool and review which type of questions are taking you a "long time" and/or making mistakes. And drill those.

FOR RC - drill RC passages from PT1-20. During these drill runs, doing the questions is not necessary, but focus on doing the memory method and wrap up the passages and summary within 5mins for each passage.

• jartleysjartleys Member
    15 karma

Thanks Lex and Mamraj, appreciate it.

• jIbookerjIbooker Alum Member
    152 karma

timing strats and more practice to increase efficiency