Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Value in Attending LSAC Law School Forum

Hey Team,

Is there a competitive value in attending the LSAC Law School Forum? That is, does attending the forum and (electronically) engaging with law schools we are interested in benefit our application, or is the value of it limited to just asking law schools questions one may have about their application process?

Thanks!

Comments

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited September 2020 4306 karma

I think there is a huge value in attending. I attended an in person session last year and found it beneficial to talk with the deans. I learned more specifically things that aren't on their website, (Preferences for LOCI for that particular school, how to stand out and show you're truly interested in their school, what "softs" are attractive, etc). Regardless of it being virtual this year, I think you can obtain tremendous information by attending. You can also ask them anything, not just the application process. It almost felt like a practice interview too.

As for value in it reflecting your application, it won't have any. I'm not sure how much truth there is to this statement but so far the webinars I've attended the deans of admission have said "We don't look to see how many law webinars or events you have attended, non of that is factored into your application." All in all, if you're attending to get brownie points for schools and think it'd be a waste of your time, don't register. If you think you could benefit from attending and asking questions then register!

• LivinLaVidaLSATLivinLaVidaLSAT Alum Member
    694 karma

Think of the forum as informative. It's not going to affect your application, because they interact with so many students at the forums for such a brief period of time. It's a good opportunity to get answers to questions outside of the application process from admissions and current students that isn't on the website. Most questions about the application process are already on a school's website. There are helpful workshops if you want to know more about the application process in general and financing law school.

In the past, many schools willingly gave application fee waivers at the forum. For me, that was a major benefit. I'm not sure how that will work out this year since it's virtual. Oh yeah, events like this always give me an extra boost of motivation to stay focused.