Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR Inconsistency

evanescenceevanescence Core Member

Hey everyone,
I range from -12 to -3 on timed LR sections on my PTs. Does anyone have suggestions? I've gone through the Powerscore LR Bible, it didn't help me much. I blind review and can usually correct myself. I just can't manage to stay consistent with my LR scores :/

Comments

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Have you noticed any patterns? Meaning on the PTs that you've gone -12, were there more specific type of questions that they asked (e.g., NA, SA, MSS, etc) compared to those PTs where you've gone -3? If so, I would recommend drilling those question types.

• geoffrey1987geoffrey1987 Member
    25 karma

I would second Hopeful's comment about question types.

And, since you're able to correct yourself in BR, do you think you're losing marks because you're going through the section too quickly? It might be worth taking a slower approach to the section with more accurate results, even if you have to guess 1-2 questions at the end.

• jgodelmanjgodelman Member
    51 karma

Try completely over-doing your blind review by going over EVERY question and EVERY wrong answer choice. In the notes under the question write the basic argument, write your initial thought after reading the question (essentially predicting the answer), then go through the AC's and write why every wrong AC is wrong, and why the correct one is correct. Going over the wrong one's so in depth gives you 80% more material that you're studying (4:1 ratio wrong to right). This will seem excessive and annoying, but you will start to pick up on trends that tripped you up under timed conditions, and also familiarizing yourself with very common wrong AC's.