Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions for November? 168 Aug but PTing higher, just want to increase chances for the real test!

ellewoods4313ellewoods4313 Alum Member
edited September 2020 in General 52 karma

Hey guys! Was wondering if anyone has any advice for how to approach studying for November. So I got a 168 on the August test, which I know is objectively a fantastic score, but my PT average is around 175ish (and my last few scores were 176, 180, and two 179s). I'm pretty happy with my grasp of everything so I think it's about consistency for me.

I don't feel bad about it because I really can't complain about a 95 percentile score and know I worked hard, but also I knew I would most likely have to take it again and my score expectations were pretty low. I was super anxious on the day - I slept horribly and I didn't even have time to properly finish my RC section (which was my first one), and it was super jarring because I've literally never had issues with time on a standardized test + was thrown off by the LSAT flex format, so I'm expecting to do better just without that first time test anxiety now that I'm more familiar with how it goes!

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how I should think about studying these next 5-6 weeks? I'm thinking fewer practice tests (luckily I saved a bunch of tests in the 70s and 80s) and just drilling a little to stay on top of it, and putting extra effort into digesting why my wrong answers were wrong. I also have a pretty demanding full time job and was stressed about a number of things, and had been trying to squeeze LSAT studying in bits in during the day (since I'm working remotely due to COVID right now still) so I want to make sure I try to study when I'm feeling clear headed and have uninterrupted time rather than in bits and pieces while juggling work.

I also need to focus on reading comprehension but its tough to know how to get down to -0/-1 more consistently when you're already doing pretty well.

Any advice? Any inspirational stories of a huge jump from your first to second test?

good luck everyone!!!