Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7Sage PT Interface vs. Law Hub Interface

rachieoda17rachieoda17 Member
in General 19 karma

Hello everyone!

Does anyone know what the differences are between the 7Sage PT Interface and the Law Hub Interface? I've taken all of my practice exams on Law Hub (in the exact interface we get on the actual test). Going forward I'm considering using 7sage's interface because you can take the exams as Flex exams (with the 3 sections) and I think that will be more helpful in simulating testing conditions for me. I just want to know all of the differences between the 2 so I am aware of them and remember them as I go.

Thank you!

Comments

• zc908283zc908283 Yearly Member
    4 karma

Hi! I just took the Aug test and found the format very, very similar to the 7sage one (to the point that I did all my PT's on 7sage because, as you note, we can stimulate a flex-length exam).

• matinst.catsmatinst.cats Core Member
    10 karma

I would say that Law Hub's interface is even better in a couple of ways. Firstly, the rules for the logic games are always sized to fit the text box so you won't have to worry about scrolling down to see extra long rules. Additionally, the RC sections have indicators telling you how many questions there are per passage. Aside from that it's basically the same.

• BullfroggerBullfrogger Member
    184 karma

I believe they have a practice test on there you can take to see the interface.

• Theo - Student ServiceTheo - Student Service Member Moderator Student Services
    edited September 2020 851 karma

@rachieoda17 said:
    Hello everyone!

Does anyone know what the differences are between the 7Sage PT Interface and the Law Hub Interface? I've taken all of my practice exams on Law Hub (in the exact interface we get on the actual test). Going forward I'm considering using 7sage's interface because you can take the exams as Flex exams (with the 3 sections) and I think that will be more helpful in simulating testing conditions for me. I just want to know all of the differences between the 2 so I am aware of them and remember them as I go.

Thank you!

Hi there,

Our digital tester is not exactly like the LSAC's digital tester. This is because they serve overlapping but different functions.

The primary purpose of our digital tester is help you improve your LSAT score whereas the purpose of the LSAC's is to familiarize you with the interface of the digital tester that you will be using on test day. For instance, our digital tester tracks a lot of data that the LSAC's doesn't, so we can provide you with detailed analytics to help you identify weaknesses and where to spend your time studying.

It also includes features like background noises and adjusted timing. These are features that are very useful for preparing for the test, but are not things you could or want to use on test day.

Our general advice is to have students take about 10% of their PrepTests on the LSAC digital tester to get familiar with the interface and 90% of their PrepTests on our digital tester so they can utilize the data tracked to improve their score.

I hope that helped. Let us know if you have any further questions.

You can also send us an email at studentservice@7sage.com

• rachieoda17rachieoda17 Member
    19 karma

That is really helpful! Thanks, Theo!

• aikoko10911aikoko10911 Member
    17 karma

I think using the official lawhub tester will help a lot. I've always been using 7sage standard interface, but the spacing and arrangement of text is different from the real one. Use lawhub for PT and input all the answers to 7sage site afterwards for analytics purpose might be the optimal choice

• tahmadtahmad Member
    5 karma

I was only using Lawhub, and had a difficult time transitioning to 7sage because of the interface. Now it is the other way around and the first practice test I took on lawhub after a long time kinda threw me off. I definitely recommend either alternating with the two. Either do blind review on lawhub, or taking exams on it so that your eyes and fingers are used to the different highlighting and everything.