2 points LSAT decrease - should I write an addendum?

raevco25raevco25 Alum Member
edited September 2020 in Law School Admissions 139 karma

I got a 167 on the June LSAT and had a goal of at least a 168 on the August (I was PTing around 171). I was disappointed to receive my score back as a 165, though I wasn't too surprised as I did not feel confident during the August exam. I'm wondering now if I should write an addendum or just hope for the best. I know that COVID is a reason a lot of people have for not reaching their full potential, but my college came back 2 weeks early and is having all classes in-person, so my plan to take the test at home with no other responsibilities was interrupted. I'm only mentioning this to get some feedback as to whether or not this warrants writing an addendum as explanation. I would really appreciate any advice, as I'd like to get some applications out in the next week or so. Thanks for any help you can offer!!

Comments

• cormacrcormacr Member
    90 karma

No, you definitely shouldn't. It sucks that you didn't get the score you had been PTing at, but 2 points is well within the variation you'd expect. Writing an addendum will look like you are making an excuse for a very marginal drop. Since schools only take your top score now anyway, you really only need to write an addendum if you have a drop of like 7+, imo.