Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How are more recent logic games different?

I've been drilling PT 35-end, I'm currently almost at 50, but I've struck a string of just not very challenging games, or at most 1 challenging game per section. I eyeballed the difficulty based on 7sage rating, and a lot of these games have 2/5 difficulty with maybe one having 3 or 4/5. This rating is mostly consistent for the most recent PT's (with exception of the awful flower game section).

I guess what I'm asking or what I may inevitably find out is are more recent games either significantly different or harder than those in the 40's or 50's? I almost feel like I'm wasting my time drilling 40's and 50's given that they all seem not very challenging.

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

I think the newer games have more challenging board set ups. Like even game 1 would never be a simple linear game, there would be some kind of twist. Definitely worth trying out some games from the 80s to see the difference. And then obviously there is the substitution rule that got introduced in the 60s PT and upwards, but that's only one question a section typically