Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two tests I took as Flex tests now showing up with -26 on the LR section I skipped

Basically the title. A test I got -6 on with Flex now shows -32. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice to have an accurate tracker of my scores. Not sure if there's something I should change. I know that I took it as a Flex test as well, as the score originally showed up as it should. Any advice?

Comments

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @willcj343

Sorry for the trouble. To help us investigate the issue, can you tell me which PrepTests you are having the issue with?

Thank you.

• willcj343willcj343 Member
    24 karma

@"Juliet --Student Service--" said:
    Hi @willcj343

Sorry for the trouble. To help us investigate the issue, can you tell me which PrepTests you are having the issue with?

Thank you.

74 and 75

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@willcj343 Excellent work on that score. Keep on grinding!

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @willcj343

Thank you for providing the additional information. I tried to reproduce the issue by Simulating Flex on PrepTests 74 and 75 but I was not able to reproduce the issue.

We will continue to investigate the issue and get back to you as soon as possible.

5740 karma

Hi @willcj343

We looked at your account and we noticed that you took the PrepTest using the Answer Sheet. However, the "LSAT flex mode" checkbox was not ticked. You can edit your PrepTest by selecting the PrepTest on the PrepTest tab. Next, tick the checkbox that says "LSAT flex mode" then tap the "Save and Score LSAT" button. See the GIF below:

I hope this helps! Let us know if you're still having trouble.

• willcj343willcj343 Member
    24 karma

@"Juliet --Student Service--" said:
    Hi @willcj343

We looked at your account and we noticed that you took the PrepTest using the Answer Sheet. However, the "LSAT flex mode" checkbox was not ticked. You can edit your PrepTest by selecting the PrepTest on the PrepTest tab. Next, tick the checkbox that says "LSAT flex mode" then tap the "Save and Score LSAT" button. See the GIF below:

I hope this helps! Let us know if you're still having trouble.

I definitely took the test as a Flex test, so I think the problem came from trying to view my score on the app or something. Thanks for the help in changing the scores back!

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    edited October 2020 2054 karma

I think something is also affecting average scores on the Study Buddy tool. I went to update my info there after my LSAT yesterday and it told me my average LSAT was a 158. That is 7 points lower than my cold diagnostic and the lowest I have ever scored on a 7 sage PT was 169. While it is easy enough to manually change your average LSAT on your info page, I do not know how it got that number unless it has been interpreting my LSAT Flex PTs as full ones. @studentservice

5740 karma

@VerdantZephyr said:
    I think something is also affecting average scores on the Study Buddy tool. I went to update my info there after my LSAT yesterday and it told me my average LSAT was a 158. That is 7 points lower than my cold diagnostic and the lowest I have ever scored on a 7 sage PT was 169. While it is easy enough to manually change your average LSAT on your info page, I do not know how it got that number unless it has been interpreting my LSAT Flex PTs as full ones. @studentservice

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will investigate the issue.

In the meantime, if you haven't already done so, you can override your average LSAT score on the Study Buddies tab by goin to the Study Buddies tab and check "I want a study buddy" and "Override avg score" and then enter Avg score:

5740 karma

Hi @VerdantZephyr

Thanks again for bringing the issue to our attention. The fix is live!

Your average LSAT score should now be reflected correctly on the Study Buddies page.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.