Is it possible to see a list of your application fee waivers on LSAC.org?

Hi all,

Is there a way to see a list of schools that have granted you an application fee waiver through LSAC's website?

I signed up for LSAC/CAS a few years back, but had to postpone applying due to my financial situation. As such, I have tons of emails from various points in time offering application fee waivers, but several don't list expiration dates/I'm certain at least a few got buried in my inbox.

Since the fee waivers are usually automatically applied through LSAC, I assume there is a way to find this information before you actually submit your applications. However, I can't seem to find this in any easily accessible location. I'm trying to keep costs down/may attempt to obtain a waiver from my target schools if they do not proactively offer one, but don't want to make a bad impression by asking for something they already gave me.

Any tips are appreciated - thanks!

Note: I am gathering my admissions materials before starting the applications within LSAC's site. If you have to actually start the formal submission process to see this information, I would not have seen that yet.

Comments

• LivinLaVidaLSATLivinLaVidaLSAT Live Member
    edited October 2020 617 karma

I don't think there is a way to see a list. From what other people report, you don't see the waiver until you're ready to check out. Sometimes you're pleasantly surprised with a fee waiver you didn't know about.

I don't think there's anything wrong with reaching out and saying you want to make sure a previously extended fee waiver doesn't expire before you apply and then asking if they're willing to offer a new fee waiver if needed. Schools are used to getting many requests for fee waivers. It's really not a big deal. The worst they can say is no. By the way, a lot of those emails are auto-generated based on boxes you checked on LSAC, so they likely will have no idea who you are when you email.

• Kharmon1994Kharmon1994 Alum Member
    33 karma

Good feedback - thanks @LivinLaVidaLSAT!