Foolproof-ing is never-ending

DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
edited April 2015 in General 7468 karma
Now that I'm 23 tests into the LG Bundle, I have amassed over 300 games in my "To be foolproofed" file, having already completed over 100 games already. To people who have completed this process, how long did it take you to finish? This is nuts and I'm only making 5 copies of each game (instead of the prescribed 10. I would have killed a tree otherwise). My goodness! I feel like I'll be foolproof-ing until 2016!

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited April 2015 3438 karma
    lol @DumbHollywoodActor it takes as LONG as it takes (and it takes quite long) but you're going about it right!!! It took me 3 - 3.5 months to fool proof whatever I did but I was exceptionally bad at games.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @Nilesh S That’s good to hear, Nilesh. I feel like Sisyphus.
  • hrjones44hrjones44 Alum Member
    323 karma
    i'm doing the same about 5 games a piece but i'm prettt solid on sequencing games and getting decent now at the basic in/out games so it's a work in progress but i am remebering inferences to check and apply!
  • kraft.phillipkraft.phillip Free Trial Member Inactive Sage
    444 karma
    there are roughly 75 preptests total, so that's 300 unique logic games total. Assume you do them an average of 3 times each--that's 900. assume it takes 15 minutes each time (it shouldn't take this long, but just to give you a high estimate and factor in some time to watch the LG video), that's 225 hours. That means that if you work on LG for 5 hours per day, it will take you, at most, a month and a half to do every logic game in existence three times. If you work on LG 2.5 hours a week, then you get to the recommended 3 months of study, and you can then spend the other 2.5 hours per day studying LR and RC, for a total work week of 35 hours. Considering big law pushed the hours per week to 60 or 70 regularly, this should be a fairly easy work load.

I think that sounds doable, especially considering how high of an estimate that is. It won't take you 15 minutes per logic game. You won't need to do each game 3 times, and some some games don't necessitate watching the explanation video.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @kraft.phillip Wow. Such excellent quantification. Much appreciated.
    edited April 2015 444 karma
    @nicole.hopkins, no problem!

@DumbHollywoodActor, I was in your shoes once. The giant folder of LGs I printed off seemed unending, and that's actually when I initially figured out the math on the time I'd need to spend. It does end, and before it ends, it becomes fun because you start perfecting Logic Games. And then you realize they are actually just games. Good luck!
    7468 karma
    @kraft.phillip thanks! IT helps to hear that. I'm itching to get to taking PTs 36-present but I want to make sure my fundamentals are down. That means getting the 1-35 LG bundle done. And that seems so far away.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    It took forever! I actually did PT 1-35 in 2 weeks. I don't have a life btw. But I would mostly do games 2 or 3 times. And then move on to the next set. Once I got through all 35 PTs I started back at PT 1 and then I did that again. I'm actually working on PT 10 today. I just keep working on LG every day. 1 PT set per day, which is 4 games and video explanations even when I get a 100% on them. It has helped a lot on the LG sections where I'm currently only getting -3 or less. But I am still drilling because there are some games that take me longer to complete than others so I want to improve on my timing as well.
    7468 karma
    Right? I feel like I'll be practicing PT 21 right up until the day of the test. Not because I don't understand how to do it, but because I cant, for the life of me, finish that test on time. I've practically memorized the answers. It's the all the board making that kills me. "Write small, fast and neat." In the end, I'm betting that little Maxim is going to be the major factor between a -5 and -1/0 score
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Exactly! Also I tend to write big since there is all of that space and I can't prevent it haha. Maybe give it a couple of days and come back to PT 21and maybe then you'll be able to completely answer it within the time constraints.
  • hrjones44hrjones44 Alum Member
    323 karma
    @kraft.phillip that is just what i needed to hear!
    444 karma
    @hrjones44 , math!