Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Cant break out of the 166-168 range into 170s... any advice? - 7Sage Forum

Cant break out of the 166-168 range into 170s... any advice?

lawyerinalawyerina Member
in General 18 karma

Score Breakdown:

LG - minus 0 to minus 4
LR - minus 4 to minus 5
RC - minus 3 to minus 7

LG mostly I think I mess up because I go too fast or because of rule substitution questions towards the end. I am working on foolproofing, but yet to consistently hit -0. LR I am working on my weaknesses and mistakes and same with RC. RC is a hit or miss depending on passage difficulty. Is there any advice to break into 170s at least before my November test date?

Comments

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

BR with other high scorers. That's always my advice. It got me from around 170 to my 176 PT average before the October LSAT. There may be other suggestions people have as well, but decidely find a BR buddy, decide what PT you want to do together, take it separately and BR together.

@lawyerina

@Logician any suggestions?

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

I think @VerdantZephyr is right on the money. Improving your score when it’s already high is hard because the gains are so marginal. I see there’s still some points you can pick up in LG, so I’d start there. I definitely feel your frustration because it seems like if you’d just have all your best sections in the same PT you’d be right there, and believe me, I struggle with the same thing. Feel free to shoot me a PM as I’d be open to doing some BR work.

• lawyerinalawyerina Member
    18 karma
  • EllegoalsEllegoals Member
    342 karma

@lawyerina @Logician I'm in the same boat, scoring in the high 160's low-mid 170's and would love to do some BR before November a few times if either of you do. I've heard it can be really helpful to hear how other people work through problems.

• lawyerinalawyerina Member
    18 karma

@Ellegoals I am down!! PM me please!

• ceatherton1ceatherton1 Member
    39 karma

@ellegoals Me as well!