A Short Post for the Fringers/Doubters

JMoolah30JMoolah30 Member
in General 10 karma

Hi all, this will be my first and last post on 7Sage regarding the LSAT. I am not one for posting blogs, or tweeting, or sharing things like this. But I feel that it may be useful to a person or two, and that is good enough for me. I started originally doing questions a number of months back to see whether I should pursue a career in law, or continue onto the business track with my degrees in Finance and Economics (UGPA: 3.1, nothing special). The questions went well, and I had a decent understanding of what to do in each section (RC, LR, LG), but I wasn't doing these under timed circumstances, so obviously it wasn't extremely difficult, albeit, the tough questions are still very tough, typically. I studied for 3 months on weekdays about an hour a day (likely much less but I am rounding up), and then really crammed on PTs the last couple of weeks leading up to the test. My PTs were mid 150s which then turned to upper 140s in immediate days prior. I was internally panicking a little bit, and even after testing, I didn't feel great about it at all. My score came back a 154 and will be enough to get me into the local law schools that I have had my eye on. Anyways, the point of this is to illustrate to anyone on here that this site is extremely beneficial in any area that you may be struggling on with the test (I was very solid in LG, but always struggled with LR and RC) and can certainly bump your score up plenty. I put in much less time than most seem to put in, and it still was enough for a 4 point bounce between the 2 LSATs that I took in a 3 month span. I'm not posting this to advocate for little study time or minimal effort, but more so to let those out there that may be struggling know that you have a chance, no matter what, and to stay confident! It may be something that clicks that day, it might be an easier test suited for you, or maybe the pressure wears off once that test is actually out in front of you. Whatever the case may be, stay confident! You never know how things will turn out.

Comments