Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Review Reading Comprehension?

Hi friends, I have looked at a couple of posts regarding this topic from awhile back, but I figured I ask the question again in order to find out if anyone is doing anything differently, or what, if anything, has helped them in the past in reviewing reading comprehension?

I am aiming to hit the low to mid 170s by Jan 2021 test day. I am currently PT-ing in the mid to high 160s, with the occasional 170s thrown in between. My reading comprehension has proven by far to be the most inconsistent (going anywhere from -1 to -8), followed by LR (-4/5), with LG being my strongest (averaging -1).

Thank you so very much! Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

I basically do the same thing as I do for LR:

BR first

Slow untimed read - ID reasoning structure and ensure full understanding, noting difficulties and traps. For RC especially, note where convoluted language could have been ignored in favor of just understanding the reasoning structure.

Do questions again - justify each choice or elimination and ID trap answers and time traps/placement techniques, confusing stems, and other test writer strategies.

If you got a question wrong, identify why you got it wrong, what made the wrong answer attractive, and what made the right answer unattractive.

Identify what you will do to prevent those mistakes in the future, and how this will be accomplished.

• RyanazRRyanazR Member
    208 karma

@canihazJD thank you so much! I will be doing that!!! Much love.