Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone know how to "restart" a section on a PT?

harbertkharbertk Member
edited November 2020 in General 24 karma

I messed up on my LG section when I had a computer issue. By the time I got it working again, the timer had run down to the end. I really don't want to lose the data for how long the questions take or get a false low score by not finishing in time. I know you can delete the entire test and go again, but can you just delete a section and restart it?

Comments

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited November 2020 5740 karma

@harbertk said:
    I messed up on my LG section when I had a computer issue. By the time I got it working again, the timer had run down to the end. I really don't want to lose the data for how long the questions take or get a false low score by not finishing in time. I know you can delete the entire test and go again, but can you just delete a section and restart it?

Hi there,

Sorry, we do not have an option to just delete a section of a PrepTest and restart it. You can only delete the entire PrepTest and retake it again.

You can also chose to create a Problem Set with a single section so you can take it with the Digital Tester. Here is how to do one:

1. Navigate to Problem Sets.https://7sage.com/problem-sets/
    2. Filter by PrepTests on the "PrepTests To Show" area
    3. Filter by Sections (LG, RC, LR)
    4. Filter further by typing keywords like "pt38 s2" (optional)
    5. Scroll down and mark questions you want to include with the cart icon on the left
    6. Finally, tap on "Create Problem Set with ... Problems" at the bottom

Let us know if you have any further questions.