Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confused Maybe not so bad ?

gstar2015gstar2015 Alum Member
edited April 2015 in General 68 karma
X

Comments

• gstar2015gstar2015 Alum Member
    68 karma
    Btw blind review was completed at about 42 minutes each section with a redo of all questions ie confirmed right ones , redid circles and finished those I left blank
  • VegMeg55VegMeg55 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    587 karma
    It is best to not exhaust PTs until you have a solid grasp of the fundamentals. It could partly be because of jitters, but I doubt test-day jitters would account for most of what you missed. I would recommend going over the material again. Even with your BR score you have a large area for improvement, but I think the disconnect is that you really don't have a totally solid grasp of the fundamentals of each question type. I'd recommend going over the lessons again and drilling question types until you have a solid grip on them. Then move on to PTs. I was in your position. I went through a prep course, got nailed by a PT, and started again from Ground 0. It sucks but it will definitely pay off in the end. My advice on your test date is to take it when you feel ready. If you're not ready for June, don't sit for June. Your PT score average will be very indicative of the score you can expect to see on test day. An October test date will still keep you very competitive from an admissions stand point.
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    @geniaguez It really depends on your individual goals. Do you have a target score in mind? You made improvements in BR which demonstrates that your understanding of certain aspects (at least in part) didn't come across in the PT. It's one thing to be able to produce accurate answers at your leisure and another thing entirely to produce them under time constraints when the pressure is on. It wasn't clear whether or not you had finished the curriculum, but I would continue to work through the curriculum especially if you're not seeing the PT scores that you'd like. Solidifying fundamental is always the way to go, in my opinion of course, if you're not seeing the improvements in score that you'd like. There would be no point in drilling questions or running through PTs hoping to identify some mysterious pattern if you have serious deficits in your understanding. I would try to resist the urge to take another PT right away, I know it can be tempting as another PT may help ease your anxiety over the low score but taking PTs without solidifying gaps in your understanding would be a waste of a valuable resource (the PT itself) not to mention a missed opportunity to learn from your mistakes.

As for rescheduling, I'll post an LSAC link that will give you information about withdrawing or changing your test date. I would hold off on any decision until closer to those deadlines. There's no point in stressing about that decision until you're required to make it. Hopefully your studying and PT experiences will take a positive turn. If not, a date change is not the worst thing in the world. Good luck and take care.

http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/test-dates-deadlines/2015-2016/us-canada-june
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    After BR watch the video explanations for all of the questions on the PTs. Write down the reasoning for why each answer choice was incorrect and why one was only correct. At first it will take forever but later on the progress will become less time consuming. As of now I would suggest that you do not touch any PTs until you have finished with 7Sage. Also, focus on the problem sets/BR. Those will benefit you as well. You may even discover a pattern for certain question types after doing all of the problem sets.