Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how will the pdf change affect pricing?

Aiesha G.Aiesha G. Alum Member
in General 199 karma
Does anyone know if the change regarding PDF LSAT exams and content will affect the pricing of the courses? I wanted to purchase my class before the 21st but now I will not able to so I will have the extra expense of buying lsat test books in addition to the price of the course. =(

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited April 2015 3438 karma
    I don't think it will and neither should it... the value of a 7sage course is not in the PDFs... you can get LSAT books from amazon.com or from someone who has been prepping for the LSAT before hand... the REAL value is the skill building instruction that is provided via the videos... I got all my tests from some guy who had been prepping before... and just used the course for JY's instruction videos.
  • rblackshearrblackshear Alum Member
    104 karma
    thats nice and all but unfortunately doesn't make sense.
    3438 karma
    7sage's explanations for the price that they provide it at are already the floor for the market... getting such quality instruction for less... I don't know about anyone else... I have not found in the marketplace... and I did my due diligence before signing up.
  • rblackshearrblackshear Alum Member
    104 karma
    your right about that. i love this course and i feel really good about the 600 dollars or so i spent on it, but it would be very hard to argue that losing the pdf's has not significantly affected the value of the course. the change will add $200 at a minimum to what the average 7sager must now spend for their prep (i doubt many people will see second hand marked on pretests as a real option). not to mention the fact that many of the early tests are not available through lsac and then the HUGE pain of putting together the packets on your own... however at the end of the day 7sage is still the best option just as it was before. the playing field is level and there will always be a demand for lsat prep.
    @rblackshear at this point of time, that question is moot... just download the PTs and drills you'll be good to go.
  • hl2270dwhl2270dw Member
    41 karma
    OP specifically says not being able to buy the course before the 21st. This means that OP will not have access to the pdfs which is a huge part of the value of this course. I don't think it's fair to call that point moot.
    @hl2270dw my mistake... I was responding to @rblackshear but yes unfortunately OP may well have to purchase the test booklets and stuff... I still think that most of the value of the 7sage course is in the explanations and not the PDFs... while in an ideal world having the PDFs would have been good... the course it self is being sold for less than it could command for the explanations and techniques alone... even with the cost of the extra material added... the ultimate course still comes out to less than the Testmasters online course and the Powerscore course... and I may be partial to 7sage... but its instruction is fantastic... much better than what I had seen of the TM course... unfortunately the PDFs are going away... this is the reality that we live in :/
  • 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    I bought the Ultimate Package 11 days ago. Although I think I'm still getting a tremendous deal, with the knowledge I have now about the pdfs going away I would have gone with the starter package. It will be a hassle to find the correct pdf for the videos when I take the lsat in October.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    I mean you can download them all now and your current package will still be the same even after the 21st @7sagelsatstudent180
    932 karma
    Thats true.
  • VegMeg55VegMeg55 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    587 karma
    I agree with @"Nilesh S". The instruction is absolutely invaluable and is already being sold at the one of the lowest prices available. It's not 7Sage's policy that is making PDFs inaccessible and I don't think their company should have to take the hit for LSAC's error in judgement, especially with how much material they already give out for free. It was a bit annoying to track down a paper copy of every LSAT (I did this when I first started my LSAT prep) but as long as there is some sort of access to PTs (which there is by way of printed PTs available on Amazon), I don't see why it is necessary for them to lower their price when the videos won't be affected. I didn't pay for a 7Sage Course for the convenience of having the PDF questions, I paid for the beautiful brains of the instructors. Corollary to my college tuition, I didn't demand a partial refund of my courses just because the teacher didn't supply us with the textbooks and I had to purchase them elsewhere (Yes, I understand that analogy is not the best way to form an argument so don't kill me LSAT police!).
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma
    This discussion of where the value of the course lies, while interesting (and I'd agree that the PDFs are by far the least important part), is ultimately irrelevant because the PDFs themselves weren't ever the primary cost driver for the course - licensing was.

7Sage pays a licensing fee to LSAC for every question displayed. If you see it, it has to be paid for, regardless of whether it's supplied to you in a video explanation or in a PDF or both. Since you already licensed each of those questions by purchasing the explanations, including a PDF copy of the full test didn't cost 7Sage anything extra. If it were otherwise, you'd be paying once to license the individual question in the explanation, and again to license the each question in the preptest. From my understanding, that's never been the case.

TL;DR - 7Sage's costs don't go down just because PDFs are disappearing, so yours probably won't either.
  • DrackedaryDrackedary Member
    239 karma
    The price for 7Sage is already the best for the instructional value we get. I already purchased pretty much all the LSAC books with the prep tests before discovering 7Sage. Don't regret it or feel "cheated" one bit.

LSAC's new policy doesn't really affect me, but I do think it's misguided and unfortunate for everyone preparing for the LSAT.
    edited April 2015 587 karma
    To put @"Jonathan Wang"'s words into the verbiage of @"Nilesh S": "That question is moot."
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    I think @"Jonathan Wang" summed it up pretty well. :)

If you need to download the PDFs but can't find them, here you go:
    7sage.com/download-pdfs/ @7sagelsatstudent180
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I don't think the PDFs disappearing will affect the cost of the course at all. Because you have to admit that this course is probably, if not, the best course out in the market right now. Mainly because of the strategies that JY teaches us. His video lessons are what make this course necessary for our overall success on the LSAT.
  • sarah.xuwsarah.xuw Member
    42 karma
    7sage.com/download-pdfs/
    this is what'm looking for....many thanks!!!!
  • sarah.xuwsarah.xuw Member
    42 karma
    so this policy will not influence how the video displays right?
    2654 karma
    right
    12637 karma
    Ignore my comment, I was testing something.
    2654 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Ignore my comment, I was testing something.
    "whatever the hell you want".... I like it
    12637 karma
    @jdawg113 said:
    To quote the video: "Lol"
    edited April 2015 2654 karma
    awesome work @"Alan Cheuk"
    thought about this feature a while back but never thought to bring it up, def think it will be very useful
    3438 karma
    @jdawg113 said:
    whatever the hell you want".... I like it
    3438 karma
    This is good I like it... I really do!!!
    587 karma
    What is this sorcery???
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @jdawg113 said:

I just quoted the quote ... What will happen? Will I rip open a portal into another world? Will I end up getting shrink-beamed into @"J.Y. Ping" 's Totoro purse? Must click Post Comment to find out for sure ...
    7965 karma
    *gasp*
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    @jdawg113 said:

Staring into infinity ...
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    OHHH! It works! lol
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    gasp*
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    @jdawg113 said:

Staring into infinity ...

932 karma
    I amend my position.
    7965 karma
    Good to hear. We'll all be just fine.
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14017 karma
    @"Jonathan Wang" pretty much said what I would have said. Thanks Jon!

Prices will not change.

After the 21st, when you can no longer download PT PDFs, we will add +1 PT's video explanations to each of the courses. This actually increases our licensing costs but we wanted to do something to soften the blow of no more PDFs.