Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

burnout after 15 minute break

AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
Does anyone else experience this? I feel so solid/ full of energy on the first 3 sections, then when it comes time for the break, I feel so sluggish. Anyone have a suggestion to combat this?

Comments

• alexroark5alexroark5 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    812 karma
    Practice taking 5 or 6 sections of older tests without stopping. After that, 3 and then 2 will be a breeze
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    I'd second what @alexroark5 said but once you do that... also follow the second bit of his advice... once your stamina is up, start stopping after 3 sections for a 15 minute break... one of the reasons the LSAT has this is to ensure a break in your momentum when you get to sections 4,5 and the writing section... you have got to train yourself to respond to that challenge as well.
  • VegMeg55VegMeg55 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    587 karma
    Are you eating and re-hydrating during your beak? It might seem silly, but it could be dehydration and low blood sugar. I'd agree with @alexroark5 to practice 5 or 6 sections straight through, but when you reincorporate a break, be sure to eat something and drink enough water. Re-fueling during the break is important to combat sluggishness.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Agree with @VegMeg55 , eat real food and hydrate properly (the night before and morning of) and consume balanced macros during the break. I like a pecan-stuffed date with chia seeds and maybe a wad of meat of some kind (small batch local organic jerky, yes). And I have raw cacao that has coffee in it (made with coconut sugar = relatively low carb, even for me).

Also agree with @alexroark5 : It's a matter of stamina. Go long, go hard, no excuses >:) And I'd add to that, ramp up—start with 4 sections no break, then 5 no break, then 6 no break ... and make sure to treat yourself when you're done with a long, no-break section like that to ward off burnout! Gradually increase the "load" and you'll be surprised what a difference it makes when you sit for actual PT's.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Same here. But I started this reward thing once I finish a PT. and it really work. Whatever I want I'll treat myself to it after I take a PT. And honestly it makes the 4th section go by so much quicker and I don't even feel as drained anymore.
    7965 karma
    @emli1000 does this explain all the shopping ??? :D
    3462 karma
    @nicole.hopkins haha usually I treat myself with food and drinks! but yes, shopping during the week prepares me for PTs lol
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @emli1000 said:
    Whatever I want I'll treat myself to it after I take a PT.
    7965 karma
    I think I need that treat yo self gif as my profile picture (for life generally)
    3462 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" @nicole.hopkins gotta find motivation somehow, right?