PT1.S3.Q.09 Environmental Safeguards

Benx4HT_Benx4HT_ Member
edited November 2020 in Logical Reasoning 34 karma

Hello! I am not sure if you are able to add the question stimulus & Acs in a post, but I am confused regarding PT1 S3 Q09 and was wondering if anyone could provide any insight. I saw answer choice D as correct, my belief was that if businesses see the cost as a business expense, they won't go about changing their methods. I see where my line of reasoning, but I am confused as to why answer choice A is correct. Can anyone help me out? Thank you!

Comments

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Alum Member
    2249 karma

The conclusion is that businesses WILL install adequate environmental protections, but perhaps they won't. Even if the cost of those accidents are high, maybe the chances of them occurring are so low that the businesses would rather take that risk than pay for those safeguards. D doesn't shed any light on whether they are more or less likely to install those safeguards, but if businesses don't think future accidents are likely to occur, then they are less likely to install adequate environmental protections, therefore weakening but definitely not destroying, the conclusion.