Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT-Flex Proctor

JacobM101JacobM101 Member
in General 18 karma

Hey, does anyone know of a reliable way to simulate the LSAT-flex environment? I already switched to using LSAC's interface to take my practice tests (which is HORRIBLE compared to 7sage's interface) but using the 4 section LSAT proctor video doesn't seem right.

Comments

• 15 karma

Are you taking your PTs directly in the LSAC LawHub? That's a great idea that I hadn't considered!

As for preparing for real test day conditions, the only thing I can think of is doing a bit of cardio right before you sit down for a PT in order to simulate what test day anxiety can feel like. Might sound a bit stupid, but it's common among top-level musicians preparing for high pressure auditions. That way you get in the habit of taking a deep breath, clearing your head, and focusing through the adrenaline.

• edited December 2020 1952 karma

i'm not sure how using a lsat proctor video would help at all; from my experience taking the flex, proctor u does not call 5 minutes of remaining time out loud or anything of the sort. yes, they tell you to read the certifying statement out loud (but i heard not all proctors even do this), but this is done before your exam begins and you'll have some time to take a deep breath before you start your exam. of course, depending on who you get as a proctor and how your testing goes, you might get a few interruptions by your proctor asking you to do this and that during the exam, but this isn't something you can control.

i recommend making sure that your testing device is tested well in advance and is ready to go. also make sure that you have good internet connection (some had used ethernet cables that helped). practice taking pts in the exact seat and setting that you'd be taking your exam in. practice with your earplugs if you're planning on using them. practice taking your exam with your webcam light on (or block it with a sticky note or something). you'd also have a 1-min countdown after each section and before a new section begins, so you also might want to take that into account when taking your pts.

test content-wise, i think it's a good idea to get used to the lawhub interface and that you practice with taking 3 sections. i don't think there are too many flex exams released that you can take directly on the lawhub platform, but maybe you might want to take the 3 sections with "simulate flex" on 7sage, and blind review on lawhub. or you could just skip a lr section manually yourself on the test that you take on lawhub.

good luck!

• JacobM101JacobM101 Member
    18 karma

I have no idea how to reply to you guys directly, but I really appreciate that, that was super helpful.