Choosing a time slot / Flex advice!

emmorensemmorens Core Member

Does anyone who has taken the Flex have a recommendation on a time slot to choose? I have been taking PT's usually around 12/1PM but not sure if its a good idea to continue doing that as I'm sure the volume will be higher during that time on test day, just trying to avoid any technical difficulties.

Any other Flex advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• grangel00grangel00 Core Member
    49 karma

Do you know when we can choose a time slot? Im taking the flex in January and haven't heard anything from lsac about it

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    edited December 2020 1687 karma

I took the flex in November, at 1130am and had zero problems. Use chrome browser, you can go to proctor U and do the 'precheck' to see if everything with your device is okay, or you might have to download an extension.
    You wont be able to choose a time slot until about ~2weeks out from the test date. LSAC will send out emails letting you know when you can choose a time slot, they will also send out a second email letting you know it is open to choose a time slot.
    LASC makes it pretty simple I would choose the time slot that you have been taking your PT's at. I would not stress about getting a time slot. Once LSAC emails you go pick a time(opened at noon for November) you should have no problem getting the slot you want.
    Best of luck, I hope you kill it!!!

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

@kkole444 thanks for the feedback, been hearing some really negative things so this put me at ease :smile: I hope you got an amazing score!

• edited December 2020 1952 karma

i think you shouldn't really need to worry about the time slots or the proctor u traffic, and i think you should pick the slot that you feel most comfortable taking the test in.

but this sounds like a pretty interesting topic.

if we assume that where applicants are applying from (based on the candidate’s state of permanent residence) correlates with where the tests are being taken, it seems like northeast might be the region where more tests will be taken.
    https://www.lsac.org/data-research/data/current-volume-summaries-region-raceethnicity-gender-identity-lsat-score

that's eastern time, so maybe taking the test later in the afternoon in eastern time might sound safe, but you'll run into the risk of taking it together with the farwest people (which is pacific time) or southeast (central time), the next most populated regions with applicants.
    so the safer slot might be early morning in eastern time: it'd be pretty early for many northeastern region people and even earlier for the farwest/southeast people (in fact, everyone else in north america).

good luck in jan!

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8318 karma

Concur with @"LOWERCASE EVERYTHING". Your primary concern should be taking the test at the time that facilitates your best performance.

But from a volume perspective, I've taken all my Flex tests in what would be late afternoon EST and have experienced minimal issues and no wait time. Additionally, concerning early morning EST times, I've noticed that up to maybe 8 am-ish EST, a lot of them remain open up to the actual time (they're not getting filled up) so I'd imagine traffic is even lower then.

That said, there are 40k+ testers in January, and it remains to be seen how many days LSAC spreads the test over so who knows what it'll be like.