Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Either get 8 or 4 wrong in LR, not consistent

alienman1000alienman1000 Core Member

How do I become consistent in LR, when I do untimed and BR I get upwards of 4 wrong but sometimes I get 8 wrong when its timed. How do I bridge this gap and not lose my accuracy? Not restricted to any one question type.

Comments

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

This is just more practice and more improvement. It is not unusual to have a gap in timed and untimed. Even at the highest levels it is there. When I was averaging mid 170' on PTs I was routinely scoring 180's in BR. Sometimes a little bit more time or the ability to go back to a question gives you the insight to spot the flaw in your logic or that preposition you missed in the sentence. You will keep a gap between timed and untimed but your score in both can improve with practice. I think a 15ish percent difference between timed and untimed is definitely in the normal range.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

By 15ish percent I am referring to an additional 3-4 wrong questions out of 25ish questions.

• stmj3467stmj3467 Member
    73 karma

Hey! I was in a similar situation. I recommend you to drill the most commonly missed question types. In my case, I was getting -7/-6 whenever the section had more flaw/weaken/SA questions while I got -4 in the other LR section, so I drilled those three types and came up with a common flaw types, weaken answer structure, and SA answer structure.