Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Rules Driven Game For Logic Games

anthonyparkanthonypark Live Member

Hello.

I am studying, in particular, the logic games section. As I am watching the reviews for the games by J.Y, I am noticing that almost all the games can be divided in two ways in their approach.

One of them is where you make the sub game boards and find out all the possibilities before going to the questions while the other approach is making only one gameboard, and then going straight to the questions.

My question is, how do you know whether you should just go to the questions, or just try to get as much sub-game boards without taking up too much time?

Is this just something you naturally pick up as you familiarize yourself with the questions? Or are there more concrete signs that the game is a, as J.Y puts it, a "rules driven game".

Comments

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Alum Member
    2249 karma

I think it really depends on each game and I've met people who draw out scenarios beforehand (JY Ping does this a lot) and those who just don't. If you have many questions and most are "global" questions, I think scenarios are needed, but if many are local, then I don't think you have to draw scenarios before diving into the questions.

• marie.western3marie.western3 Core Member
    10 karma

I just joined 7Sage this week and had been trying to study on my own prior to this. I thought I had stumbled onto an insight that would really work for me when I realized that for some games I could write all the possible sub game boards and then whiz through the questions. But once I tried to apply that in a timed situation, I felt that I won't have time in a test situation for that strategy. I am really just getting to the stage in my studying where I'm doing timed practice so maybe that piece of it will come with more experience? So thank you @anthonypark for bringing this up, and also to @"ashley.tien" for the insight.