Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Frequency of Practice Test

laurenhaplaurenhap Core Member
in General 6 karma

help How often should I be taking practice tests? Thanks!

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8318 karma

Everyone's different... some people get good outcomes just piling on PT after PT. I think that's kind of like brute forcing a score increase just by sheer volume of exposure... not nearly the most efficient. In my opinion,1 a week is the sweet spot, 2 a week is doable, and 3 is probably too much. Quality of review is far more important. You just have to try it out and see what works for you.

• laurenhaplaurenhap Core Member
    6 karma

Thank you soooo much! I really appreciate it.

• sjsoltau-1sjsoltau-1 Member
    26 karma

It really depends on the person, where you are in your path, and how much time you have in your schedule to devote to studying. Personally, I don't find taking the FLEX exam tiring and I have a free schedule so I try to do an exam every other day and then dedicate the days in between to doing a blind review and reviewing trouble areas.
    **I think my routine would really only be beneficial to someone if they already covered and studied everything (have a solid understanding of the different LR, RC, AND LG questions and approaches) and their exam date is coming up soon.
    If you just started studying and have no idea how to approach questions then an exam per week is probably better for you (there's a finite amount of exams so don't waste your exams if you're not ready)

• dutchiebrowndutchiebrown Member
    170 karma

@canihazJD said:
    Everyone's different... some people get good outcomes just piling on PT after PT. I think that's kind of like brute forcing a score increase just by sheer volume of exposure... not nearly the most efficient. In my opinion,1 a week is the sweet spot, 2 a week is doable, and 3 is probably too much. Quality of review is far more important. You just have to try it out and see what works for you.

Once a week is fine for me, I find that when I do two, I have trouble focusing and get burnt out.
    I do however make sure to study for at least 2-3 hours four times a week to keep things fresh in my mind until the January LSAT.