Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Super Hard Questions: Eliminating from last to first (versus first to last)?

user2126user2126 Core Member
in General 12 karma

I feel like for the some questions (like some of the really hard ones), they want to waste your time on making you handle answer choices A through D, when E is the right answer.

I can't get the data on this because I don't want to spoil the answers for myself, but I'm wondering if this is true or not.

Anyone else feel this way?

Comments

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    730 karma

I think its randomized. Won't make a difference overall (in my opinion). If it helps you avoid feeling stuck then its worth trying I suppose.

• user2126user2126 Core Member
    12 karma

I have a few data points:

For PT22 S3 Game 4

The questions that force you to try out the answer choices... the answer is E.

• EbethStudent16EbethStudent16 Alum Member
    82 karma

I love the thought, but there are also questions where I've saved time because A or B was the right answer and I could confidently move on to the next question. I think it's a toss up and there's no way to know. If you find that going from E to A periodically may improve your focus or active reading, then by all means! But not sure if there is an overall plus to the approach.

• user2126user2126 Core Member
    12 karma

Hm I think I make a stronger statement - if you've read powerscore, they actually did take a survey of answer choices- there is a bias in the latter half of the exam to be the last answer choices than the first answer choices.

• sans-coeursans-coeur Member
    edited January 2021 84 karma

There is a data set done that shows the most common answers on the LSAT actually. https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/guessing.cfm heres a link by powerscore

• SRV_LawyerSRV_Lawyer Alum Member
    75 karma

anytime i've tried working my way from bottom to top, the correct answer has been A. Never really worked out for me lol its hit or miss!

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

I wouldn't worry about this. People like to cite the PowerScore data which in itself is amazing data, but they leave out the fact that this all goes out the window once you get a read of the question and AC's. Tricks can work great every once in a while, but are unreliable in my opinion. Focus on mastery... understand the stimulus and your task. Know what the ACs are telling you and what makes each one right or wrong. Train to eliminate wrong ACs aggressively and with confidence... then the time it took to work through the Acs wont matter. To that point... if you need to rely on something like this, shouldn't you be giving every AC due consideration anyway?

We know AC sequence is intentional... are we just going to assume with all the deviousness built into this test, they just left an exhaust port right below the main port open for someone to reliably exploit?