Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jan 21 LSAT time slot

Hi everyone!

I signed up a bit later for my time slot for the Jan LSAT, and I am kicking myself because I have an early morning time slot. I am somewhat worried of my ability to be awake and mentally prepared at that time of the morning, especially considering most of my practice has been during the early and late afternoon each day. There are currently no other additional time slots available for the 16th and 17th.

Do you all know if I am late to my Procter scheduling time, if I am unable to start the exam? I'm obviously going to try my best to be up and ready at the time in the morning, but I wanted to see if you all knew.

Additionally, does anyone have any advice (perhaps, if you've taken an early morning LSAT exam) as to getting mentally prepared at an early hour for such a stressful exam?

Comments

• gucgemotoogucgemotoo Member
    31 karma

openings for Jan 19th available am and pm in proctor u

• OkapiFanOkapiFan Member
    edited January 2021 22 karma

Hey!

First off, so sorry about the bad time slot. It's all relative, but I struggle similarly in the morning. You do only have 30min after your scheduled exam time to take it on ProctorU, as far as I'm aware.

I took the GRE a few years ago at an hour I remember deeming ungodly (8am I think? lol), and my score was on par with my practice tests. I know most of this constitutes as pretty basic advice, but this is what helped me!

As far as staying awake/being mentally aware, I think it's crucial to start a schedule that you want to mimic on test day as soon as you can. Keep it as similar as you can to your own routine, just bump it up a few hours. It'll be much easier to wake up early on day 5 instead of day 1! Incentivize yourself somehow to be awake and up at a certain hour - my personal trick is that as immediately as I can, I do something super simple that I have to follow through on, like make a coffee. Incorporating some mentally-stimulating game you normally like to play (Sudoku, crossword, etc.) doesn't hurt either, just to wake up your brain naturally come test day.

The most intimidating part for me was that I had practiced mostly in the afternoon because I just don't do mornings. For that, I think the schedule will definitely help, but honestly it just helped me to remember the test doesn't change because it's early. It might seem so much harder on the first question or two or five - it's not. I bypassed a lot of extra stress because I was A. prepared to be awake and B. constantly reminding myself that I know exactly what I'm doing. You've done this before.

You'll be awesome! Good luck!

• tscalona12tscalona12 Member
    41 karma

@gucgemotoo said:
    openings for Jan 19th available am and pm in proctor u

Proctor U just told me over the support line that they are sadly at max capacity, though told me to keep checking back as LSAC infrequently opens up slots. Here's hoping they open up again!

• tscalona12tscalona12 Member
    41 karma

@OkapiFan said:
    Hey!

First off, so sorry about the bad time slot. It's all relative, but I struggle similarly in the morning. You do only have 30min after your scheduled exam time to take it on ProctorU, as far as I'm aware.

I took the GRE a few years ago at an hour I remember deeming ungodly (8am I think? lol), and my score was on par with my practice tests. I know most of this constitutes as pretty basic advice, but this is what helped me!

As far as staying awake/being mentally aware, I think it's crucial to start a schedule that you want to mimic on test day as soon as you can. Keep it as similar as you can to your own routine, just bump it up a few hours. It'll be much easier to wake up early on day 5 instead of day 1! Incentivize yourself somehow to be awake and up at a certain hour - my personal trick is that as immediately as I can, I do something super simple that I have to follow through on, like make a coffee. Incorporating some mentally-stimulating game you normally like to play (Sudoku, crossword, etc.) doesn't hurt either, just to wake up your brain naturally come test day.

The most intimidating part for me was that I had practiced mostly in the afternoon because I just don't do mornings. For that, I think the schedule will definitely help, but honestly it just helped me to remember the test doesn't change because it's early. It might seem so much harder on the first question or two or five - it's not. I bypassed a lot of extra stress because I was A. prepared to be awake and B. constantly reminding myself that I know exactly what I'm doing. You've done this before.

You'll be awesome! Good luck!

Thank you so much for all this advice! I totally relate... mornings are definitely not my thing (lol)

I will certainly keep it in mind as I approach my test day. My plan thus far is to make coffee in the morning prior and stimulate my brain with some LG exercises I know pretty well!