Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking 4-Section LSAT but seeing what my grade would look like if it were a Flex

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was a way I could take a 4-section LSAT, see what my grade would be for that, and also see what my grade would be if it were a flex. I would like to take the 4-section test to increase my exposure and test endurance and also because the August LSAT is a 4-section test.

On a side note, for someone who tends to do relatively well on logical reasoning, isn't having one less LR section a disadvantage? Pre-covid, LR was 50% of the grade and now it is only 1/3. Did they make up for that in some manner or does LR now just simply determine a smaller chunk of the grade?

Thank you!

Comments

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Hello @jmarin5 I can can answer the first half of the question. You can take the full section exam (4 sections) and then separately put the number wrong into the 7sage flex calculator or you can combine the number wrong and put that number in the flex calculator but you'd have to check the box saying you did a 4 section exam. for example you can take a 4 section exam and say you went
    LR -4
    LR -2
    LG -2
    RC- 3
    in the flex calculator you can put (after you find the exam you took) -4, -2, -3 and then put -2, -2, -3 in the respective categories, and that would be a the likely scores of the flex exam with the respective LR section(s).
    I do not know how the lsac scores the exams so I will leave that answer to anther person.

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

@jmarin5 Yes, you are correct. LR now only comprises 1/3 of your score, where as before it comprised 1/2.

• WouldRatherBeEatingWouldRatherBeEating Alum Member
    edited February 2021 456 karma

The other person’s method seemed easier lol.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited February 2021 5740 karma

@jmarin5 said:
    Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was a way I could take a 4-section LSAT, see what my grade would be for that, and also see what my grade would be if it were a flex. I would like to take the 4-section test to increase my exposure and test endurance and also because the August LSAT is a 4-section test.

On a side note, for someone who tends to do relatively well on logical reasoning, isn't having one less LR section a disadvantage? Pre-covid, LR was 50% of the grade and now it is only 1/3. Did they make up for that in some manner or does LR now just simply determine a smaller chunk of the grade?

Thank you!

Hi there,

You can use 7Sage's LSAT Flex Score Converter to estimate your LSAT Flex score.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions.