Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Survey: Which is the most confusing LR question you have come across in a Practice Test?

SufficientConditionSufficientCondition Alum Member
edited March 2021 in Logical Reasoning 311 karma

If a few questions recur, I might edit this post to include a poll!

Comments

• yunonsieyunonsie Member
    611 karma

LSAT 73, Logical Reasoning I, Q19

A carved flint object depicting a stylized human…

I came across this one over 6 months ago, and I'm not sure if I can accurately answer it even now. It just feels like a ridiculous jump to weaken the conclusion.

• SufficientConditionSufficientCondition Alum Member
    311 karma

@yunonsie said:

I came across this one over 6 months ago, and I'm not sure if I can accurately answer it even now. It just feels like a ridiculous jump to weaken the conclusion.

Ah, yes. Nice one!

I'll go with another #19, from PT 63, Section 3:

"Professor: One cannot frame an accurate conception..."

One way of framing a "the most difficult" question is how much time it forces you to spend. This one is deceptively simple, but is difficult to move on from with any certainty. It's so abstract and yet contains such a cognitive leap that eliminating answers is difficult to do definitively. Is the argument cogent, is it flawed? It seems easy in retrospect, but the first time around it was a HUGE time sink for me!

• waghrenuwaghrenu Member
    38 karma

@yunonsie said:

I just looked at that one and I think essentially if they pass it on to the next generation it wouldn't just be found buried in a tomb w a person who has passed away. I know it's a reach, but the rest don't work at all. I feel like w this question u have to eliminate the others 100% and then say this is the least bad answer

• yunonsieyunonsie Member
    edited March 2021 611 karma

@waghrenu Yeah I've reviewed the answer... I still hate it though lol.

• SufficientConditionSufficientCondition Alum Member
    311 karma

@waghrenu said:

@yunonsie said:

I just looked at that one and I think essentially if they pass it on to the next generation it wouldn't just be found buried in a tomb w a person who has passed away. I know it's a reach, but the rest don't work at all. I feel like w this question u have to eliminate the others 100% and then say this is the least bad answer

Thanks, Renuka! I'm hoping people can use this thread to commisserate.