Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT51 harder than older PTs?

120_or_bust120_or_bust Core Member
in General 124 karma

I've been averaging 157 on a few older (30s-40s) PTs and tried 51. Got smashed with a 150. Is PT51 pretty indicative of later/more recent PTs or is PT51 harder than normal?

Comments

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

I would say in the 60s and 70s is where the rigors of the questions/density of the RC increase. When I look at the 7sage chart PT51 is a standard -11 curve which is an average exam. However some people do not see a difference others see a large difference. If you focus on the difficulty of the exam or "I know the later exams are harder" then they will probably be harder, but if you just focus on doing your best on each question and keep all the extra noise about the exam out of your head then it'll be better. As for score, Dips in your score are not uncommon, figure out what went wrong. Was is RC, LG, LR? combination? Was it particular style questions? a game? RC passage? and keep note of it and work on those specific areas. In my opinion, when I was in the 150's I was really worried about my actual score, but if I could redo it I would focus more on my BR score because that is where you are headed if you keep up the studying. The BR process is the biggest asset you have when studying for the LSAT after the CC.