[Deleted Post]

edited March 2021 in Law School Admissions 273 karma

[Deleted Post]

Comments

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    edited March 2021 2054 karma

If you listen to podcasts from admissions reps this is not an unusual question. They definitely encourage you to update your LoRs. If there isn't anything that has changed in your life in the four years since you graduated undergrad T14's are not going to be impressed. Asking them to update the letter isn't a big ask and they do not have to change a lot. Many schools also prefer that nontraditional students submit a LoR from a work supervisor but at the end of the day they also tell you to submit your strongest LoRs. So you will probably want to find out how much that school really cares if the LoRs are all academic or a mix. Many schools accept up to 3 or 4 so you could send three academic and one work at those places.

You should also be explaining to your recommenders what a good LoR for law school looks like. This is probably not important for long time professors but definitely would be for a workplace recommender.

In regards to providing a citation, honestly I think you will be more satisfied if you go out and find that info yourself and hear the words directly from the ad coms, and unless someone has a specific podcast saved and time stamped handy we're going to have to do the same search for it as you. I think it may also be discussed on Spivey or Powerscore as well. I haven't heard anyone anywhere say that a non-updated 4 year old LoR is better than a current one.