Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prioritizing LG over LR/RC?

120_or_bust120_or_bust Core Member
in General 124 karma

Hi folks,

I just registered for the June test, so that's 3 months away. I've been studying since Jan and PT avg 158 (goal of 160-165). LG is actually my consistently highest score (avg -5 or so) with LR and RC between -7 to -10.

Should I prioritize getting 0/-1 on LG over trying to get gains on LR or RC? I'm also working on the Loophole and while it has great tips, I think I'm just too new to it to see results.

I also don't really have a ton of time to study thanks to a full-time job, so I know that my gains might be pretty limited for June.

Thoughts?

Comments

• SufficientConditionSufficientCondition Alum Member
    311 karma

@120_or_bust said:
    Hi folks,

I just registered for the June test, so that's 3 months away. I've been studying since Jan and PT avg 158 (goal of 160-165). LG is actually my consistently highest score (avg -5 or so) with LR and RC between -7 to -10.

Should I prioritize getting 0/-1 on LG over trying to get gains on LR or RC? I'm also working on the Loophole and while it has great tips, I think I'm just too new to it to see results.

I also don't really have a ton of time to study thanks to a full-time job, so I know that my gains might be pretty limited for June.

Thoughts?

Likely, yes. Logic Games have an almost linear correlation between time invested and improvement. Reading Comp is something like logarhythmic, with LR somewhere in between. Be advised that LSAC is phasing visual games out eventually, though.

• 144 karma

Hey there! I am in a similar situation as you and with a similar timeline. I am also doing a full time job and have been studying since Jan as well. I haven't really done any PT tests yet. I am focused on fool proofing LG and have been following along with the Loophole as well. My reasoning is that it is better to go slowly and lay the foundations first and then move on to PTing. If you don't mind me asking, have you already fool proofed games?

• 120_or_bust120_or_bust Core Member
    124 karma

@"tkappen.neppak" said:
    Hey there! I am in a similar situation as you and with a similar timeline. I am also doing a full time job and have been studying since Jan as well. I haven't really done any PT tests yet. I am focused on fool proofing LG and have been following along with the Loophole as well. My reasoning is that it is better to go slowly and lay the foundations first and then move on to PTing. If you don't mind me asking, have you already fool proofed games?

I haven't really yet. I've been a bit scattershot because I thought LG would be my big problem, but after doing the PTs I realized that LR is worse. So I'm in the middle of changing courses (again).

I'll take your folks' comments in and prioritize LG first. Thanks!