Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WashU WL email concern

So I received a clearly mass generated email about being on the WL at Washington last week. My name was missing from the salutation in the form, which was a blank space. It said that they would follow up about instructions shortly since I'm being placed on the wait list. However, that was last Friday. Should I follow up at this point?

One thought I have is that it's because I used their website application instead of the LSAC one. I know that the general procedure for them is that once they've decided they want you those who submitted a web based application have to then submit through LSAC but that they give waivers to cover the CAS fee. Perhaps they're waiting to issue those waivers? I obviously don't want to bother them if it's normal. Anyone else been in this position with Washington?

Comments

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

I'd just give the admissions office a call and find out. Personally, If I hadn't received said instructions by said time, I would call to follow up. I don't see how doing that could hurt you in anyway.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@Logician thanks for your input. I'll be doing that, particularly since, on balance, I would rather be seen as a bit pushy than be accidentally left off of the list because of how I applied.

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    620 karma

@VerdantZephyr I received the same waitlist email a week ago and did not reply to them since they said they would follow up with instructions.... but I have not received any sort of update. Maybe they’re behind on the process? Wouldn’t be surprised though because I’m pretty sure their waitlist is fairly huge. I have no clue but maybe I’ll give them a call too.

Also, I applied through LSAC and this happened to me as well.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@karko2525 I emailed them and they said no action was necessary. Still haven't heard anything though.

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    620 karma

@VerdantZephyr I guess we wait :/ but thank you for the update! Do you know when it’s appropriate to write LOCIs? I’m thinking of writing for one of the schools but not sure if I’m too late or early

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

The best time to send a LOCI is right before the target school's commitment deadline. You can read more about timing and content for LOCIs at https://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/what-to-do-after-you-get-waitlisted/. Good luck!