Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

West Coast October 2021 (Small) Study Group/Commentary on Analysis of Chances

ChuckDoesLawChuckDoesLaw Core Member

All,

Please PM me if you are interested in joining a small October study group of Hawaii (where I am) and West Coast peeps with the intention of scoring 175+ (realistically). Tell me a bit about yourself.

I am a super splitter and would love to study with a few HIGHLY motivated fellow splitters with T3 to T14 aspirations.

GPA: 3.2
LSAT Diagnostic: 152 (with no studying)
Work Experience: 11 years (military officer)

Personally, my strength is RC (-8 cold-turkey diagnostic, almost everything right except what I ran out of time for). My LR was -10 (again, mainly due to time constraints), and my LG -15. I fully expect to be able to drill LG down to -0 or -1 (I'm rather good at puzzles and recognize that I am likely one of those people who will benefit GREATLY from fool-proofing games). LR I suspect I can get to -3 max and also -3 max on RC.

A note, while I expect to be able to eventually score 175+, I do not know that I will be able to do so in six months of studying, but hell, we might as well try, eh. I also have a LOT of free time to study.

A few notes on me and my aspirations:
I am an 11 year military officer and Service Academy graduate (I fully expect to receive a GPA boost from most schools that I apply to and also double majored and had VERY strong technical course grades, so may be less of a splitter than I appear (and am also 11 years removed from undergrad)); Service Academies have zero grade inflation, increased credit and technical course requirements, as well as military/athletic obligations on top of academic).

I am also LGBTQ+, agender (born female), have a kind of insane resume, volunteer experience, first four year college graduate in my family, D1 Varsity athlete, club President, first law school applicant in family, among other interesting obstacles. Essentially, I expect to have VERY strong essays and a strong resume.

My interest lies in International Human Rights (specializing in environmental and energy security) law.

At 175+ I expect to have realistic chances of getting into all T3 to T14 schools. At 179+, I also expect to have a fighting chance at YS (but still only in the 30th-ish percentile as far as chances are concerned).

I would love to study with some like-minded people.

Much Love,

Chuck