7sage/LSATtrainer/tutoring - too much? too little?

ravioli4ravioli4 Member
in General 88 karma

Hello all!

Please be brutally honest, I scored a 161 in 2019 and have decided to retake this June and October (I'm in Asia currently so these are the only available dates coming up). My goal is 170, but tbh if I can get high 160s I'd be pretty happy too!

Last time I wrote it, I did Khan academy and free 7Sage (and then did the free trial for 2 weeks before my LSAT lol) because honestly I wasn't committed to Law yet and didn't want to spend time or money. Horrible, I know but this time I've fully committed and will be applying this September 100% (to Canadian law schools btw).

My question is, I have about 3 months until June 12th, what should I do?

I bought LSAT trainer, and have started their schedule but it seems rlly chill? They expect about 10-12hrs a week, and I'm assuming this insufficient for making true progress to a 170? How much time do I need to put in daily?

Also I wonder if doing LSAT trainer AND buying 7sage would be repetitive or overkill? I think the reason I started using the LSAT trainer book was because I love writing in it and having a concrete solid object in front of me vs the internet, but I know 7Sage is super effective as well? IDK I'm honestly just really lost on how best to prepare. Also, I'm unsure if I should do a private tutor, or wait until I get my June score and get a tutor for October.

My struggle areas go from RC(-8) > LR(-5/-6) > LG (-4) based on the 2019 LSAT.

Thanks for reading all this, I'm clearly a hot mess rn but want to get my shit together! TIA

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8318 karma

I would focus on one or the other first. Trainer is good... there is no shortage of people who have broken 170 with that as their sole prep source. I personally believe 7sage provides better content, and you get data/feedback that Trainer won't give you. One drawback is that you will need a prep plus subscription... well worth it in my opinion.

• ravioli4ravioli4 Member
    88 karma

Thank you!! I think I just needed to hear that to not feel guilty of only doing one and not both haha! But interesting, I do really enjoy the feedback and data like the PT tracking etc, might subscribe anyway to use that!