Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More Than Two Questions Per Page?

barista17barista17 Member
edited March 2021 in Technical Problems 112 karma

Is there any way to alter the way that the printable problem sets display? At present, there are two questions per page. I would prefer more per page to reduce the amount of paper, though I am already printing double-sided.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Lime Green DotLime Green Dot Member
    edited March 2021 1384 karma

Not sure from the admin end, but as far as printing, you can print more than 1 page/sheet under your print settings option. I've been able to reduce # of pages by doing 4Q/sheet.

A general downside is that this will obviously reduce the text readability. If your print quality is good, you might have better results, but I've got a pretty low-end printer and it's hard to read w/o squinting when I do the 4/sheet.

Also, if you're aiming to cut the Qs up after printing and practice them flash-card style, there's a bit of luck involved if you're doing this w/ DS printing. If you have manual DS printing, you have to flip the paper correctly, but w/ longer problems like parallel reas., etc., there will sometimes be text overlap b/w back and front sides).

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @barista17,

Sorry for the trouble. We will investigate the issue, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

• barista17barista17 Member
    edited March 2021 112 karma

@"Lime Green Dot" I am not seeing that on my print settings. I know I can do it for PowerPoints but not documents. Any advice there?

edited March 2021 1384 karma

This is what it looks like for me:
    https://imgur.com/szCjamG

Can you see this okay?

It's the same for me whether from PPT, Word or online.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@barista17 said:
    Is there any way to alter the way that the printable problem sets display? At present, there are two questions per page. I would prefer more per page to reduce the amount of paper, though I am already printing double-sided.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi there,

Sorry, we do not have an option to change the settings on the printable PDFs for Problem Sets so that more than 2 questions are printed per page.

• barista17barista17 Member
    112 karma

@"Lime Green Dot" said:
    This is what it looks like for me:
    https://imgur.com/szCjamG

Can you see this okay?

It's the same for me whether from PPT, Word or online.

I figured it out. Thank you for your help.

1384 karma

Great! Glad to hear.